1 ) How can I save money on merchant services?
– Most merchants are paying fees based on a tiered pricing structure. This structure will offer 3 or 4 different rate categories and every transaction will be sorted into one of these tiers. It can sound simple but it ends up costing more than receiving wholesale pricing known as interchange pricing. We offer interchange pricing to all clients. By sending a recently statement we can do a free cost comparison.
2 ) How much can I save?
– We guarantee at least a 10% savings but often save up to 30% off of your fees.
3 ) What if I’m in a contract?
– Some processors will have a contract that includes an early termination fee. Check your contract to determine if you have one and to determine the cost. In most situations, the savings offered with improved pricing will cover an early termination fee within a few months.
4 ) Can you pay my early termination fee?
– In most cases we can cover 50% of your early termination fee from your old processor when switching services.
5 ) Are there any startup fees?
– No, we do not change any startup fees unless you choose to purchase new equipment or software.
6 ) What if I own my equipment?
– We can reprogram and use that same equipment as long as it is working and is compliant.
7 ) What if I don’t own my equipment?
– We can supply one free terminal per location.
8 ) How long does this process take?
– The application takes about 15 minutes to complete and we often have an approval within 24 hours. We can have you up and running in the next 1-3 days depending on the equipment situation (sending out new equipment or reprograming existing equipment).
9 ) What is PCI compliance?
– The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of requirements designed to ensure that all companies that process, store or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. Essentially any merchant that has a Merchant ID (MID).
10 ) Can I get my funds next day?
– Yes, we offer 24 hour funding if the merchant qualifies.
11 ) What if I need you after you set up us?
– All of the processors that we work with offer 24/7 customer support.
12 ) Can you help us with American Express?
– Yes, we can help set up new or existing American Express accounts.
13 ) What is this new chip and tap-to-pay technology all about?
– Credit cards are now being produced with a new chip inside to increase security. All cards still have the magnetic swipe but this technology is easier to replicate thus creating fraud. In 2015 all merchants will be required to accept the new EMV technology or else the liability will fraud will transition from the processor to the merchant.
14 ) What is EMV?
– EMV is an acronym for Europay, MasterCard and Visa. It is becoming the global standard of chip based credit and debit cards because the technology is much more secure than the magnetic stripe.
15 ) What is NFC?
– NFC is an acronym for near field communication. NFC is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish radio communication with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches. This is known as tap to pay.
16 ) Can you help me take payments by phone, not just in the office?
– Yes, we offer virtual terminal solutions which allow a merchant to accept payments over the phone by entering the payment information online.
17 ) Can you help me take payments on my website?
– Yes, we offer several payment gateway options which will allow you to accept payments through your website.